Eaton's Electrical Product Group is seeking a Team Lead - Power & Control for its Crouse-Hinds Division. The Team Lead - Power & Control position will be located at its Windsor, CT facility.
The Team Lead will be a working group leader in the Power & Control area and will need a strong electrical/mechanical background in order to lead the production cell and assist in safety, quality, delivery, and development within the production cell.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It's where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential-and where you can help us reach ours.
* You will drive safety culture by facilitating safety initiatives & providing required training to team
* You will perform duties including:
o Department scheduling
o Manpower assignments
o Production reporting
o Monitor hourly production boards and follow up on interrupters to production (including entering work orders into Maximo)
o Lead shift start Huddle Meetings
o Represent the department in daily production meetings
o Perform required audits (LPA's, etc.)
o Ensure department monthly safety training is completed at 100% on time
o Ensure safe work practices and reports safety incidents (near misses, incidents, recordables)
o Performs minor maintenance and troubleshooting
o Drive and consistently demonstrate 5S
* You will coach team members for safety, quality, productivity, or any other performance issues
* You will track & execute production training requirements - ensure cross training
* You will participate in GEMBA walks - provide updates & review daily needs for workforce; and help lead Kaizen/CI/RIE events & document improvements
* You will provide effective communication to production employees of site information such as safety items, business objectives, schedules, HR related items, etc.
* You will assist in the design of new product related to production cell & capital projects
* You will complete inventory & production order transactions within production cell
* You will achieve cell level business targets
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we- as individuals and as a company - are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
* Must have a High school diploma or equivalent from an accredited institution is required
* Must have a minimum of five (5) years within a manufacturing environment
* Must have a minimum of three (3) years electrical/mechanical experience
* Must have experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Word)
* Must be authorized to work in the United States without Company sponsorship
* No relocation benefit is offered for this position. Only candidates residing in the immediate geographical area (50 miles) of Windsor, CT will be considered.
* This position requires the use of information or access to technology which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and/or Export Administration Regulations (EAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR/EAR. ITAR/EAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
* Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Engineering, or Supply Chain Management from an accredited institution
* Minimum of two (2) years leading mechanical/electrical assembly production team
* Strong Excel experience
* Lean manufacturing training
* Strong knowledge of SAP
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look-from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day-you'll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That's why Eaton is dedicated to improving people's lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We're ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we're committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America - US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG CHD ALP Airport Lighting Products