As part of the application process, a candidate account is required to log in and view application(s). Please be sure to check email regularly for information regarding our employment process.
The Business Solution Consultant role supports the Business by working with the development teams with responsibility for eliciting, understanding and documenting business needs to determine and recommend the most optimal solution to conduct software development. Makes independent, creative, technical contributions to defining user business and functional requirements for enhancements and projects and implementing IT business solutions. Expert analytical resource focusing on highly visible, complex and critical business priorities. Forecasts and establishes plans for defining, delivering, enabling and supporting significant information technology components into the organization architecture.
* Serves as the highest level business analyst expert, providing leadership on complex projects across multiple business areas, multiple platforms and/or multiple locations.
* Provide consulting regarding the practices and methods for defining detailed business requirements including planning, documentation, analysis and alignment to corporate standards
* Define/review high level business requirements which describe the business needs and the scope of the solution ? prior to developing detailed business and functional requirements.
* Document and refine business requirements to describe the business needs to a functional requirement level without presuming a technical solution. Requirements should be verifiable and testable once a solution is defined.
* Support the execution of the development pipeline and delivery of Voya's software products including vendor solutions to QA, and ultimately to production
* Work in execution of product development across all teams as part of the development lifecycle
* Develop or modify processes to resolve moderate to complex business issues by using IT solutions, considering computer capacity and limitations, operating time, and form of desired result through understanding past, current and future business unit goals, strategies and plans including current and future roadmaps.
* Work with Project and Release Management to sequence/coordinate development activities within software development environment methodologies
* Leverage understanding of high level system architecture/portfolio that supports the business process, and the key process areas supported by the IT systems to provide in-depth solution and problem solving.
* Operate at a high technical level for all phases of IT projects; ensuring broader business implications of proposed IT solutions are considered.
* Identify applicable technology alternatives to given business problems using applied research and tools; reviews new products/services using pre-established evaluation criteria that include architecture standards and the standards to request proposals with outside firms
* Coaches and mentors less experienced analysts. Assign, check work and provide guidance on assignments to other team members
Knowledge & Experience:
* Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience in a directly related field
* Experience working in the Retirement Services and Financial Services industries
* 10-15 years of professional IT experience with leadership in technical and business analysis