99 Welch Ave
Supervises and coordinates the activities of distribution center employees by performing the following duties:
* Supervises a group of team members in a designated department in a distribution center (DC). Monitors team members' productivity and work quality, and manages performance using the tools available including progress summaries, retraining, job performance assessment, performance improvement plan and other disciplinary actions as needed.
* Leads team members in a designated department and performs daily team member functions, including but not limited to picking, stocking, loading, and receiving. Motivates team members' performance for productivity and quality.
* Promotes a safe environment as well as meets safety requirements complying with company policies and regulations set forth by Walgreens and various government agencies concerning safety, environmental handling of products, packaging and any other related items.
* Monitors team members for compliance with Company policies, programs, procedures. Follows the guidelines of authorized, budgets, laws, and good business ethics. Ensures compliance with Safety Program requirements.
* Mentors team members through on-the-job training. Performs new team member department orientation, including completion of training checklists. Assists with 15 minute Observe, Coach, and Recognize (OCRs) sessions, as necessary.
* Creates a continuous improvement culture, actively participates in the LEAN initiatives in order to improve processes and continually drive out waste.
* With management direction, establishes, builds and cultivates morale and engagement of team members. Encourages team member participation in workplace activities and events.
* Recommends operational, and workforce activities and practices improvements to management, identifies necessary equipment and systems corrections within the area of responsibility.
* Maintains good working relationships and cooperates actively with all levels and areas of management to ensure that the objectives of the department and company are met.
* Communicates essential information to workforce to enforce divisional policies and guidelines.
Walgreens, one of the nation's largest drugstore chains, is included in the Retail Pharmacy USA Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc., the first global pharmacy-led, health and wellbeing enterprise. More than 10 million customers interact with Walgreens each day in communities across America, using the most convenient, multichannel access to consumer goods and services and trusted, cost-effective pharmacy, health and wellness services and advice. Walgreens operates 8,175 drugstores with a presence in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Walgreens omnichannel business includes Walgreens.com. Approximately 400 Walgreens stores offer Healthcare Clinic or other provider retail clinic services.
As the neighborhood drugstore and retailer, our goal is to make health and happiness simpler, easier and within reach. And we remain a trusted wellness provider offering convenient access to important health services, such as immunizations and an array of pharmacy services that can help patients improve their health. To our team members, Walgreens represents a unique opportunity to excel in their careers in a welcoming and inclusive environment. We offer the chance to work in a truly supportive environment, and be a part of a progressive organization dedicated to the well-being of our customers, team members and the communities we all call home.
* Bachelor's Degree OR High School Diploma/GED and at least 2 years of experience in leading team projects in a warehousing/manufacturing environment, or United States Armed Forces or equivalent experience demonstrating leadership skills.
* Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office suite.
* Willing to work rotating shifts.
* Experience in identifying operational issues and recommending and implementing strategies to resolve problems.
* Experience providing customer service to internal and external customers, including meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
* Experience building and maintaining relationships within a team.
* Bachelor's Degree or Associate's Degree.
* Experience in indirect management of team members, including assisting in the development, training and assignment of work/projects to other team members.
* Experience in coaching, mentoring, and training staff.
Apply Save jobSaved
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...